It’s a simple matter to change your screen saver. For a change of scenery, you can switch to a different screen saver or opt to use no screen saver at all. These instructions are for Windows 95 or 98.
1. Click the Start menu button. Next, click on Settings and then on Control Panel.
2. Double-click on the Display icon (or on the word Display). This opens a window called Display Properties.
3. Click on Screen Saver. You will see a window with choices related to your screen saver.
4. Click on the Screen Saver list box to view the screen savers that are currently installed on your computer. Select the one you want by clicking on it.
5. Click Settings to adjust factors such as the speed, size and color of the screen saver that you want to use.
6. Click the Preview button to view your new screen saver. If you are not satisfied, go back and change the settings or select a new screen saver from the list of those available.
7. Decide if you want to password-protect the screen saver or to set the amount of time that will elapse before the screen saver comes on, and enter those changes.
8. When you are satisfied, click OK.