3D images appear to jump off the screen or page.
Three-dimensional (3D) images appear to jump off the screen or page. They are created with layers of the same still or motion image. The layers are slightly misaligned so that they appear blurry unless you are wearing 3D glasses. There are several pieces of software available that will allow you to convert your 2D images or movies into 3D. You may need a little knowledge in each piece of software but the processes of the conversion are fairly simple.
1. Download the latest version of AviSynth to convert your 2D movies to 3D movies. Point your browser to sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/files/ and click the link for the latest version to begin the download and installation.
2. Open the downloaded file. Click on the file name or icon of the program. This will open the program in a text editor. AviSynth is not a program that has a user interface or screen. It works behind the scenes of your movie player. Therefore, opening the file will reveal the code that allows the program to function.
3. Change “Avatar_Trailer_HD.avi” in the code to the name of the movie file that you would like to convert from 2D to 3D. Delete “Avatar_Trailer_HD.avi” and type the movie file name in its place.
4. Save the changed as an .AVS AvisSynth code in the same location as the original code. Click “File” and then “Save” in the top menu bar of your text editor. Select “.AVS” from the drop-down menu. Click “Save” in the save window.
5. Open a media player that is compatible with .AVS files.
6. Open the movie that you would like to watch in 3D in the media player. The movie will now be in a wider format. The image will appear slightly blurred because there are now multiple layers overlapping each other in the movie. This creates the 3D capabilities. You will require 3D glasses for viewing.
Expression Studio 2.0
7. Open the image in Expression Studio 2.0. Click “Add Existing Item” and click the file name of the image that you would like to convert to 3D.
8. Add the image to the art board of the workspace so that it can be edited. Right click the image that you have just opened. Click “Insert” to add the image to the art board, which is the blank work space in the center of the screen.
9. Choose the “Selection” tool from the toolbox panel on the screen. This tool is represented by an icon appearing as an arrow.
10. Click the image on the art board with the selection tool. This will select the image for the conversion process.
11. Click “Make Image 3D” in the menu located on the top of the screen. The image will now appear three-dimensional.
12. Open the image that you would like to convert to 3D in Photoshop. Click “File” and then “Open” on the top menu. Click the file name of the image that you would like to convert. Click “Open.”
13. Click “Modify” then “3D” and then “New 3D Layer from Postcard.” This will create a new layer that is slightly diffused over the original layer that will remain the same. This blurred image can be seen as 3D while wearing 3D glasses.
14. Save your image as a JPG file so that it can be opened by image viewers. Click “File” and then “Save” in the top menu. Type the name you wish to save the file as in the name text box. Select “.jpg” from the drop-down menu. Click “Save.”