Some Straight Talk phones, such as the Samsung R451C, are compatible with Bluetooth.
Straight Talk is a prepaid cell phone service administered by TracFone and supported by the Verizon Wireless network. Straight Talk cell phones are only available at Walmart and on the Straight Talk website, which lists 18 phone models manufactured by LG, Motorola, Nokia and Samsung. Straight Talk emerged in 2009 to mixed reviews. Consumer Reports praised the company’s low rates and reliable service, while Engadget Mobile excoriated the phones themselves for being outdated. By late 2010, however, Straight Talk had rounded out its line of cheap and middling phones with more advanced models — and even introduced a prepaid smartphone, the Samsung 810.
1. Go to the Straight Talk website (see Resources) and click “Shop” in the top menu bar at the far left.
2. Click the “More Info” button under “Phones” to display the Straight Talk phone catalog page. View the images of all Straight Talk phones at once. The manufacturer, model and price are listed under each image.
3. Hold down the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard and click a “Learn More” button under a Straight Talk phone that interests you. This opens the full product description page in a new window or tab in your browser and leaves the Straight Talk phone catalog page undisturbed for easy reference.
4. View the larger image of the Straight Talk phone you selected and read about its technical specifications, accessories and features. Close the window or tab if you decide you do not want the phone; leave it open if you would like to compare it with other Straight Talk phones.
5. Click the window or tab belonging to the Straight Talk phone catalog you left open in Step 3. Then repeat Steps 3 and 4 until all of the phones in which you are interested are displayed in separate windows or tabs.
6. Compare the differences in phone specs, accessories and features. The most economical Straight Talk phones are suitable for light cell phone users who just want a way to talk on the phone while mobile. They feature basic tools such as an alarm clock, calculator, calendar, call waiting, caller ID, color screen, hearing aid compatibility, hands-free speaker, contact database with room for 300 entries, text messaging, vibrate settings and voicemail. Low-end phones cost less in terms of purchase price and battery power.
The most advanced Straight Talk phones amount to prepaid smartphones. Their far greater purchase prices and need for more frequent recharging are best suited for power users. They feature everything already mentioned as well as a 2-megapixel camera, camcorder, speech recognition, auto-redial, wireless Bluetooth, customizable user interface, the ability to download graphics, memory card slot, mobile Web browser, MP3 player, contact database with room for 500 entries, bonus ringtones, touch screen, speed dial, picture messaging, app support, QWERTY keypad, TTY capability and 150MB of internal memory.
7. Eliminate phones one by one by closing their corresponding windows or tabs until only one phone remains.