3-D solid objects can be manipulated to create complex models.
You sometimes create 2-D images in Photoshop or other graphics editing software to add to your website. You can’t use 2-D images to create a 3-D model. You can’t rotate and use the image like you would rotate and use a solid object. To overcome this issue, you must convert the 2-D images to 3-D solid objects.
1. Go to the “Start” menu and click once on the “Microsoft Expression Studio” software to see all the tools. Click on the “Expression Blend” entry to start the software. The “New Project” window is displayed.
2. Select “WPF Application” in the “Project type” section. Enter a name for your new project and select a location where you want to save the project. You can leave the other settings at their default values. Click on the “PK” button to create the project.
3. Go to the “Project” menu and select the “Add Existing Item” option to start adding the image file. Use the resulting file browser to select the image and click on the “Open” button. The image is added to the “Files” section of the “Project” panel.
4. Right-click on the 2-D image and select “Insert” from the resulting menu to add it to the project as an Image object.
5. Go to the “Tools” menu and click on the “Make Image 3D” option. Wait until the 2-D image is converted to a 3-D solid object. A perspective camera, an ambient light and a directional light are created by default.