Books are judged by their covers.
Writers no longer have to wait and suffer the pain of rejection that comes from trying to get a book published. Now publishing ebooks can turn any writer into an author and an “infopreneur.” Once the book is written, the hard work of making it sell begins. The first part of marketing the book is designing a book cover that appeals to readers. There are a host of software programs or templates that can be purchased and downloaded to your computer, but a few web-based book cover creators can help you design your cover in a few clicks.
1. Plan the book cover concept. Study books related to your topic to find features you like. Pick any of your own graphics, photos or logos to use. Choose a color scheme, and develop a basic design for how your book cover will look. Decide if the book will have a traditional book spine or a spiral, like a manual might have.
2. Review an online book creator service for book cover generators. If you’ll be publishing your book through a service such as CreateSpace, you can use its book cover generators to design your cover. Look at the features offered in your service to learn about the book cover design tools it offers.
3. Choose an online book cover generator that fits your needs and budget. If you’re creating your book yourself and not using a service, you can use a free program like MyECoverMaker, which offers limited designs, but enough options to create a unique cover. Or you can try a paid option by upgrading MyECoverMaker or using ECover-Go, which offers not only ebook cover designs, but a host of other graphic and ebook formatting options.
4. Register and log in to start creating your book cover. The ebook programs offers a host of design options, including 3-D book displays, background images and text design. Upload your own graphics or images if you wish to use them. The sites offer easy, step-by-step instructions for creating your cover.
5. Download or print your book cover. When you’re happy with the results, download the ebook cover to your computer. You can then add it to your sales page or other promotional materials.