Adding your business name and information to the side of a business-use truck can be a very effective way to increase awareness of your company. There are several simple, free tools online that you can use to design the lettering you want to put on your truck. Here’s start advertising every time you’re driving.
1. Go to a lettering company website that offers a “design your own” lettering program to use. See Resources below for several options.
2. Choose the year, make, and model of your truck and wait for the design program to open on your browser.
3. Type in the text you want displayed on your truck.
4. Play around with the sizes and styles of fonts. Don’t try to fit in too many words; you want people to be able to read the lettering at a glance, as they’re driving down the road beside or behind you.
5. Make the main line of text significantly larger than the rest; then try a smaller text size for the tag line, phone number, or other information you want included in your truck lettering.
6. Consider adding a graphic or logo, if you have one. It can help grab people’s attention and give them a quick way to recognize your company when they see the same graphic or logo again.
7. Try out several different styles before you make your final choice. Stick to fonts that are simple and easy to read, but try different ones to display the “personality” of your advertisement.
8. Order the lettering from the lettering company.
9. Proof the lettering carefully when it comes in before you put it on your truck. If there are any design flaws, spelling errors, or other mistakes, call the company immediately to request a refund or a new set of lettering.