The video driver is the file on your computer which tells the operating system talk to your video card, enabling it to display images onscreen for your favorite applications and games. Updating or fixing your 3D video driver refers to the same process–that of overwriting the existing driver file to install the latest model. This can typically be accomplished within 20 to 30 minutes.
1. Consult your operating manual to determine the maker of your video card.
2. Navigate to the card maker’s webpage and click on the “Support” link.
3. Click on the “Drivers” or “Download” link.
4. Input in the model number of your card to locate the latest driver.
5. Download the latest driver file and save it to your desktop.
6. Double click on the file to begin the repair/installation process.
7. Select the “Install” button and choose the option to perform a “Full” install.
8. Reboot your computer when the auto-installer completes.