Often, multiple resolutions are needed to fix blurry pictures on a laptop.
Blurry pictures on laptops are often caused by an outdated or missing driver, but other factors can also affect your laptop’s screen display. For example, the pixel resolution setting might not match the one recommended for your laptop screen size. And, often overlooked, there are common settings on your laptop that are easy to access that can improve sharpness and clarity of any laptop screen.
1. Click the “Start” button and then type “Update” in the Search box.
2. Click “Check for updates,” review them, then check the boxes next to the updates you would like to install.
3. Click “OK” when finished and then click “Install updates.”
4. Click the “Start” button and then click “Control Panel.”
5. Click “Adjust screen resolution” and then click the recommended pixel resolution for your laptop screen. Laptop screen size options include 1400 x 1050 for a 13- to 15-inch standard ratio screen; 1280 x 800 for a 13- to 15-inch widescreen; and1680 x 1050 for a 17-inch widescreen. Click “OK.”
6. Adjust the brightness and contrast controls. These controls are usually found on the front of most laptops.