Get 3D Pinball
“3D Pinball for Windows: Space Cadet,” more commonly known as “3D Pinball,” is a computer game that was developed by Maxis, and released in 1995 for the Microsoft Windows operating system. It has been bundled as free software with most versions of Windows since its release, but it stopped being included in the operating system beginning with Windows Vista. Fortunately, there are ways to get the game from the Internet as a free download.
1. Open a web browser and proceed to the link under References (the destination site is called “My Digital Life”).
2. Scroll down the page until you see the “pinball.zip” file highlighted in blue. Left click the link and follow the onscreen instructions, which will walk you through the basic steps of downloading the program.
3. Once you’ve downloaded the zip file, unpack it to a folder of your choice (to make things easier, you may want to unpack it to the “Games” folder).
4. Make a shortcut for the program. Click on the folder that you unpacked the files into and locate the file that reads “Pinball.EXE.” Right click on it and select the “Send To” option. Select “desktop.”
5. Open the program by clicking on your desktop icon.