3-D neon lights accentuate your graphics.
When most people think of neon lights, they think of signs hanging outside bars and shops at night. However, you can make neon lights on your computer, plus you can make them look three-dimensional. These 3-D neon light graphics can be utilized in a variety of settings from websites to graphic presentations.
1. Use the photo manipulation software Gimp. Create your new file. Decide on your image size and click “OK.”
2. Fill the image area with black using the “Paint Bucket” tool from the “Tools” window. Create a new “Layer” from the “Layers” window.
3. Pick the “Text Tool” from the “Toolbox” window and click on the image area. Using the font and font size you prefer, type your text using a white “Fill” as the color.
4. Click on the “Filters” menu and choose the “3D Outline” selection under the category “Alpha to Logo.” Under the “Pattern” field you will then click on “Browse” option and choose the desired pattern. Click “OK” to return back to your image window.
5. Click on the “Filters” menu again and choose the “Neon” selection under the category “Alpha to Logo.” In the “Neon” filter window, change the “Effect size” to the amount appropriate to your image. Finish this by selecting the color under the “Neon Glow” window. This can be any color you want for your sign. Click “OK” and save your file.