With Photoshop, you can turn a picture into a cartoon.
There are many graphics software programs on the market to help you turn a photograph into a cartoon avatar image. One of them is Adobe Photoshop, software that you can use to convert a photograph into a cartoon avatar with just a few clicks.
1. Launch Photoshop. Place the photo you would like to use on the scanner. Open the Photoshop window, click “File,” “Import” and “WIA Support.” On the pop-up window, click “Preview” or “Scan” to import the image into Photoshop.
2. Go to “Image,” “Adjustments,” “Auto Contrast” on the top menu and make necessary adjustments at this point to your image, such as brightness, sharpness and color balance. You can find all these options in the “Image” list on the top menu.
3. Click the “Select” option on the top menu. Choose “All” on the drop-down list. Go to “Filter” then “Artistic.” You will find many filter options on the “Artistic” menu, such as colored pencil, paint daubs, neon glow, watercolor, pastel, charcoal, film grain and many more. For example, the “Poster Edges” filter is a good choice to give your image that cartoon-like appearance. Choose the one that is appealing to you, or test out each option until you find one to your liking.
4. Go to “Edit” then “Undo” to revert to the previous image state before trying out a new option on the filter list. This will allow you to always start the filtering process with your original photo.
5. Click on “File” then “Save” or “File” and “Save for Web” to keep your cartoon avatar.