Open the File Extension .PCB
The file extension .PCB can appear at the end of three different types of files. The first is a Printed Circuit Board Design File, which contains a computer model of a printed circuit board and can be opened with programs for designing the layout of a circuit board. The second is a settings file for PowerPoint. And the third is a business card file for The Print Shop. If you don’t know which type of file the .PCB stands for, you’ll have to try several different programs to open it.
1. Check the name of the PCB file. If it is named PPT.PCB, PPT10.PCB or PPT11.PCB, it is a PowerPoint menu file. Copy and paste it into the folder containing PowerPoint application data, which is probably C:WindowsApplication DataMicrosoftPowerPoint, where it will change the menu settings. If it has another name, proceed to the next step.
2. Download and install a free printed circuit board design program, such as FreePCB, ExpressPCB or PCB Browser. (See Resources.)
3. Open the folder containing the PCB file. Right-click the file, select “Open With” and click “Choose Default Program.”
4. Select the free PCB program. Clear the “Always use the selected program to open this kind of file” check box and click “OK.” If the file does not open, proceed to the next step.
5. Return to the “Open With” menu and select “The Print Shop.” If you don’t have a copy installed on your computer, try opening the file on a different computer or purchase a copy of the program.