A graphics card connects to the computer through a PCIe or AGP slot.
The ASUS IPIBL-LA uses Intel GMA 3100 integrated graphics to provide video support to your computer. However, the Intel GMA 3100 does not support dual monitors. Installing a PCI Express x16 video card to the PCIe slot on your IPIBL-LA motherboard will not only significantly increase your computer’s video performance, but also allow you to connect more than one monitor to your system.
1. Log in to Windows. Select the Windows-logo button located on the left side of the taskbar. Type “devmgmt.msc” into the search box.
2. Press “Enter” to open Device Manager. Expand “Display Adapters.” Select the Intel GMA 3100 graphics adapter from the results.
3. Double-click the adapter. Choose “Disable” from the options on the “Driver” tab. Click “OK.”
4. Turn off the computer and disconnect the power cable from the input/output panel on the rear of the system.
5. Disconnect any other devices attached to the input/output panel. Unscrew the cover panel secured to the case.
6. Slide the cover panel off the system. Set the panel aside. Touch the chassis or put on an antistatic wrist strap to ground yourself.
7. Remove the PCI Express x16 graphics card from its protective packaging. Hold the graphics card by its edges and line up the pins on the end of the card with the PCIe slot on the IPIBL-LA motherboard.
8. Push down the locking mechanism next to the slot. Insert the card directly into the IPIBL-LA motherboard. The locking mechanism should snap in place.
9. Use a Phillips-head screwdriver to screw the graphics card to the input/output panel. Reassemble your chassis. Reconnect your power cable to the rear of the computer.
10. Connect your mouse and keyboard to the computer. Connect the monitor to the VGA or DVI port on the back of the card.
11. Turn on your computer. Install to your system any software included with the new card. Restart Windows.
12. Connect the second monitor to the other port on your graphics card. Right-click the desktop. Choose “Screen resolution” from the contextual menu.
13. Select an option from the drop-down menu next to “Multiple Displays.” Click “OK” to enable two monitors on your IPIBL-LA motherboard.