The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (Intel GMA 950) is a graphics adapter built directly into the chipsets on the motherboard. The Intel GMA 950 does not deliver the same performance as an external graphics adapter, but the onboard graphics support 3D video and 16:9 widescreen and HDTV displays.
Unlike external graphics adapters, which can be overclocked to improve performance, the Intel GMA 950 settings are locked in. However, upgrading the device driver to the latest version and installing the most recent update for DirectX 9.0 can optimize video quality and performance.
Download the Latest Driver
1. Go to the Intel website. Click “Find a Product” from the menu. Click “Chipsets” from the options.
2. Select “Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Intel GMA 950” from “Resources, technologies, and solutions.”
3. Click “Get Support and Software.” Click “Do I have the latest graphics driver?” from the links.
4. Click “Run” to launch the applet. Wait for the application to analyze your system. Follow the recommended guidelines in the application’s results to upgrade to the latest device driver.
Download DirectX 9.0
5. Go to the Microsoft Download Center. Click “Downloads A-Z” to open the menu.
6. Click “D.” Click “DirectX.” Click “DirectX End-User Runtime.”
7. Click “Download” to save the upgrade for DirectX to your computer. Double-click the file to launch the installer. Follow the onscreen prompts to upgrade to the latest version of DirectX.