Igfxpers.exe is a process installed as part of the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver that provides additional configurations options. It installs automatically to the startup menu, launching every time you start your computer. Although it is a trustworthy application and not malicious adware or spyware, it uses excessive memory and system resources with no benefit. Because it is not necessary for computer functioning, it can be removed quickly without affecting computer components.
1. Click the Windows Start button. Click Run and type “%SystemRoot%system32restorerstrui.exe” (without quotes), and then click OK. Click Create a restore point on the Welcome to System Restore Page and click Next. Type in a name for your restore point and click Create. Click Close. This will back up the registry and the system.
2. Press Cltrl, Alt and Delete together to open the Windows Task Manager. Click the Processes tab.
3. Scroll down and click Igfxpers.exe. Click End Process. Close the Windows Task Manager.
4. Click the Windows Start button and click Search. Click Search All Files and Folders on the left panel to open the search box. Click More Advanced Options and place a check on the following categories:
Search system folders
Search hidden files and folders
Search tape backup
5. Search for and delete the following file:
6. Click the Windows Start button and click Run. Type “regedit” (without quotes) and click OK to open the Systems Configuration Utility.
7. Click the Startup tab and remove the check from Igfxpers.exe and click OK. Restart your computer to complete the removal process.